Feb 24, 2009

Science Fair

Today was the day. The girls turned in their projects yesterday and tonight the parents were able to come view all the projects in the classrooms tonight. The girls did a great job on their projects and were very proud of themselves. Peyton's project was to see if food coloring would stain or change the color of grass seeds during growth. We pretty much concluded that if you use food coloring water to water your plants, don't expect them to grow. Not even a little bit. But, if you soak the seeds in food coloring for 24 hours before planting them, you can expect them to show growth quicker, but still no color change.
Emily, whom I didn't know for awhile was even expected to do a science fair project, decided on growing a stalactite at the last possible moment. We had about a week from start to finish. That child, I don't know where she came from. She is the one that tries my patience and nerves constantly. She is good for laugh though....I love her to death! We managed to grow a stalactite within a few days, thank god! I put her dad on project board assembly and writing up the results......I know my limits. Jimmy is much better with handling her distracting and nonchalant personality.

Here are a few pics of them standing in front of their projects at school. Plus, a pic of Peyton with her teacher. I fogot to get a pic with Emily and her teacher. Another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my two girls and their parents!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is always Grandma