Oh, go fly a kite!
See! Look! I have proof. Sometimes I am the super, fun, cool Mom.
We have had some amazing weather up here the past couple weeks. Don't get me wrong...there have been some cold ones, but very few flakes to speak of. I still stand by my "Colorado is the best place to live" comment. We do have crazy windy days up here every so often. This was one of those days. So, what better thing to do, than go fly a kite.
Now, I haven't flown a kite in years, possibly over a decade. I know, it's sad. Plus, my husband, has some weird fear of flying a kite. Something about his stomach feeling funny when he looks up at it. It makes him feel whoozy and out of control. Pansy! Anyway, I decided we should take advantage of the weather and I knew we had some kites somewhere in a closet. It took me a few seconds to find it (still in the wrapper) and about 20 minutes (at least) to put it together. Whatever happened to two sticks taped together and some toliet paper hanging from the end. I'm not kidding, toliet paper.....that is what my dad did. He wanted to be able to measure how far it actually went up. True story, but maybe another time.
Anyway, so the girls were at school, so it was just me and Andy. I finally got the kite together and we headed outside. He was so excited! Too cute! It didn't take long to get the kite up, but it would only stay airborn about 10 seconds and then it would coming DIVE BOMBING down at us. Quite scary, actually. Andy thought it was hilarious. I was a bit perturbed! (is that spelled right?) Anyway, it took about 3 dive bombs to break the stupid thing. I tried duct taping it back together, but no such luck. We managed to have about 30 minutes of good, clean fun out of it though. He had fun and I got pics!



3 comments:
yeah, one time it dive bombed into the roof of my Pilot!! That was pretty funny too!
We tried to fly that same kite over the summer on the beach and it didn't work for us either. I think the two sticks and toilet paper definitely work better.
Do I hear some Juno in that title? Looks like sooo much fun!
Post a Comment