Ready! Set! Catch-up!
I know what you're thinking. It has been way too long since I posted something. I'm sorry. Can you ever forgive me?
As you will see, we've been really busy. With Thanksgiving sneaking up on me this year, and with all the parties, events, etc that Christmas brings, well.....I've been busy. I'm hoping to catch you up on a few things that have been filling our schedules these past weeks.
This year we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with Grandma and some great friends. After picking Grandma up at the airport that morning, we had a few hours to prepare for
the big dinner at our friends house. It was so great of them to invite us to their home for the holidays. Thanks again P & L.
We had 4 fun days with Grandma here. The girls even got to go have a sleepover at her hotel with her.
The day after Thanksgiving my brother and
cousin joined us for a quick visit too. It was so good to see them both. The kids enjoyed hanging out with Uncle Taco and Uncle Bub.
After our company left, then started Christmas planning and everything that comes with it.
We've had a lot of snow this year, along with some pretty cold, windy days. I'm not sick of it yet. I'll get back to you in February or March. I took a few pics of the trees the other day at the request of my neighbor. It was pretty cool to see them all completely covered with snow and ice. 

So, back to Christmas stuff. We had a pretty full schedule for December this year. I think we had record birthday invites within a span of two weeks, plus throw in a half dozen Christmas parties and you've got yourself pure chaos. It
was crazy. Our family got to attend a pretty cool party that Santa made an appearance at. He even brought presents for all the kids to enjoy.
So, back to Christmas stuff. We had a pretty full schedule for December this year. I think we had record birthday invites within a span of two weeks, plus throw in a half dozen Christmas parties and you've got yourself pure chaos. It
was crazy. Our family got to attend a pretty cool party that Santa made an appearance at. He even brought presents for all the kids to enjoy. I've been enjoying my camera a lot these days. My hubby has pampered me with all the cool accessories that go with it.
I'm actually, if nothing else, beginning to at least look like a professional photographer. After getting asked to take pics at the Church outreach I was asked again to take pics at our church's Women's Christmas Dinner. I've started to get more and
more comfortable behind the camera and in everyone else's way! Ha! That's part of the business I guess. I've learned it does help to have a big, fancy camera to lug around. People just automatically think you know what you're doing.
I'm actually, if nothing else, beginning to at least look like a professional photographer. After getting asked to take pics at the Church outreach I was asked again to take pics at our church's Women's Christmas Dinner. I've started to get more and As for Jimmy and I we enjoyed our second year at our church leadership Christmas party. This is like the party of the year, and something we've been waiting for all year. It is always a great time and this year was no different. It is one night out of the year when we have the chance to get all dolled up and enjoy ourselves with a bunch of crazy adults. Our church parties are never really tame. It was a lot of fun. Jimmy is just glad I'm on staff so that he can tag along to all the cool leadership stuff.
This next pic is from Christmas morning. The kids were so excited this year to see all the presents under the tree. Santa always wraps the kids presents in a certain wrapping paper so they know which ones belong to them. Peyton's were in High School Musical paper, Emily's in Tinkerbell and Andy's were wrapped in Cars paper. It was a lot of fun seeing Andy really getting into the festivities this year. He was not feeling his best after waking up early that morning with a croupy cough and a fever, but he pulled through and opened at least half of his presents without help.
You would think after getting a brand new shiny bike, Peyton would have been in heaven, but actually
Emily's favorite presents were probably her Pink Pony Webkinz and her two-wheeled scooter. At first she was getting all upset because after opening almost all her presents and not seeing her pink pony, she was starting to panic. Finally, it was revealed and everything was right with the world.
For Andy, his T-ball set was the big winner this year. We couldn't get him away from it long enough to open any of the other gifts. He loves it! I can't wait to see him all decked out in a little league uniform one day.



3 comments:
I love all of your pictures! It has been hectic, but you have held together well....and I hope Andy feels better soon!
I love the new pictures and commentary. I even have a great shot in there with all three of my fabulous grand kids. I know you are happy it all went well. It gets to be quite a production doesn't it? I thank you for being such a great Mom . Love and rest up. Love from Shreveport.
I'm enjoying my visit here at your blog. It's great to catch up with your precious family!
We keep you in our prayers.
Love the slide show!
Post a Comment