Meet Molly
I've been going back in forth about getting a dog. The more
I kept seeing Andy around other dogs, the more I would want one. Andy loves animals, especially dogs. He has no fear, just love. The girls, well it has taken them a while to get used to animals. But now, they are pretty comfortable around them.
We ended up getting a Miniature Schnauzer. We've heard good things about them, besides the barking thing. The kids got to play with some friends of ours mini schnauzer while we were in LA, and it seemed like a good fit for what we were looking for.
Yesterday we went to pick the dog up. She is so cute! 7 1/2 weeks old and as sweet as ever. She has become very attached to me already. We are attempting the crate training process as we speak. She's done pretty well so far, and no accidents have taken place. (Knock on wood.) Of course, I also had to get up at 1am, 4am and then 7am to let her go out. I'm not complaining, it really wasn't too bad. She's pretty quick because she isn't to keen on staying outside in the cold very long either.



5 comments:
I love her! She is so cute! I am a big believer in pets for kids. I think all kids should have one! That is great, and just remember dogs are pretty tough so no matter what Andy does or how tight he squeezes her, she will be fine. One of our cats lived Slung over Dawson's shoulder for the first few months and he is fine and very sweet because of it.
My kids can't wait to come meet Molly. She looks like Nana and Papa's Sweetee, only black....Sweetee is gray. The kids are jealous!
We've got a schnauzer, too, now (in addition to our beagle). I don't know how you convinced Jimmy, but Leah doesn't even try. I just come home and there's a new pet in the house. Currently, we have a beagle, a schnauzer, a hamster, and a guinea pig. I think the schnauzer is a pretty good dog with the kids, though, and the barking is not a huge issue. When he gets going, though, and then the beagle joins in, it can be pretty rough.
I love Molly, and I can't wait to meet her over the Thanksgiving holidays. Pets are a great experience for kids of all ages. Unconditional love and also lessons in taking responsibility for others besides ourselves. Wait til she gets her first bath that should be an event to watch from a distance. Ha!
ahhh...there you are! i just commented on your other blog how i'm finally catching up with my blog-reading, and i wondered why the last blog was in september. i'm off my rocker.
molly is adorable.
Post a Comment