Peyton's HSM Party
Since I posted last a lot has happened. I won't go into it all....just take my word for it. The kids had a three week long break from school earlier this month so we took a little vacation down south to see family and friends. It was nice to get away, and the kids had a blast visiting everyone. They got to do some fishing with Papaw, ride on Nannaw's cool Kawasaki Mule and play with Queenie at Grandma's house. Plus, we got to see some old friends and catch up on years and years of missed playdates. 
I can't believe that my oldest child is now 7. Where did all the time go? She celebrated her birthday this year with a High School Musical party. I didn't have a whole lot of time
to plan it, since the theme was decided a week before the party was scheduled. But, I made the best of it and it turned out pretty cool. It helps a little that I LOVE PARTY PLANNING! All the other responsibilities go out the window when there is a party to plan.
to plan it, since the theme was decided a week before the party was scheduled. But, I made the best of it and it turned out pretty cool. It helps a little that I LOVE PARTY PLANNING! All the other responsibilities go out the window when there is a party to plan.So, here are the details of the party. We sent out invitations with tickets inside inviting all her friends to come to her party, LIVE! in Concert! If they were to
RSVP by a certain date they would get a backstage pass to all the post show activities. These were a big hit. Everyone RSVP'd and I was left planning a party for twelve kids. Fun!
The plan was to have Karaoke. I found a good deal on a basic machine at Target and ordered both HSM karaoke cd's on Amazon (my new favorite website). I found some cool microphones at U.S. Toys and put together
some cool goodie bags. I basically just filled some school pencil pouches with some fun HSM items. Oh, and each kid got a HSM folder too! I usually go all out on goodie bags, because it's just fun! I can't help it!
I made three giant banners. One that said HSM. One that said, "GO Wildcats!", and
then one that said, "Happy B'day Peyton" (the one that the kids got to run through). That took a while, but it really helped set the stage for the theme.
As for food, I made microphone cupcakes for the kids and then had some bags of popcorn. Pretty easy on the food this year. I did have some individual cups of ice cream for everyone, but I forgot about them and they are still in my freezer, unopened. Oh, well!
The party was a great success. The kids loved doing the karaoke and I loved watching them get into the singing. 



7 comments:
Yeah! Pictues of the birthday party so Grandma can see her favorite kids. It looks like you had so much fun. Hats off to Melissa for all her hard work once again in creating something special for our Peyton the birthday girl. Seven is the perfect number and God's blessings are going to be on Peyton this year perfecting His good purpose in her life. I love you all.
it was a lot of fun! you definitely did a great job, and the kids had a blast. Cole uses his microphone every day.
It looks like everyone had a blast, including Jimmy. I saw him shimmy and shake in Caci's video. He should definitely go to the open casting call from HSM3.
It looks like it was so much fun. You are very creative and you do so many cool things. I am creative but I have a follow through problem! I am glad that you don't have that problem because the kids love it. I love that Jimmy will let himself be silly and having so much fun too! That is awesome.
Happy Birthday Peyton!!!
How fun is that? Seriously. That sounds less like a birthday party and more like a birthday extravaganza! I think I would like a HSM party for my next birthday :)
COOL!!
Post a Comment