Mar 5, 2008

Is it really March already?

Hey everyone. I can't believe we are already in the month of March. Where does the time go? It has been a busy 2008 for the Hatcher's. Renovations, new furniture, a few kidney stones, various viruses, puppy classes, and a new business. Wow! It makes me tired just remembering.

I have officially started my own photography business. I have an LLC. and everything. Melissa Hatcher Photography LLC. Cool name, huh? Since my hubby bought me my dream camera last year, I have had many opportunities to photograph events and families. I decided since I kept getting asked to do stuff, I might as well get paid for it. So....I am a business owner. Weird!
I did my first wedding shoot in early Jan. and I think I pretty much decided it would probably be my last. It was very stressful, not my cup of tea. Kudos to Ben for helping me that day. I couldn't have done it without him. I think I'll stick to families and children in low-key settings. No pressure there.

As for other news. We took on the project of putting in hardwood floors last month. That was an experience. I won't give you details, but it was a week of pure chaos and total exhaustion. The end result was well worth it though. I love my new floors.

The kids are growing up. Emily and Peyton have both joined Girl Scouts as a Daisy and a Brownie. Luckily, we managed to join a few weeks after the whole cookie craziness. Emily is becoming quite the reader these days. She's catching up to Peyton pretty fast. A little competition never hurt anyone.

I actually heard them arguing the other day about who could do what better, etc. Peyton was of course listing off all the things she felt she could do better than Emily. I was about to chime in and defend Emily until I heard this from my middle child. "Oh, yeah. Well, I'm bigor dan you!. At this point I knew she could hold her own, so I kept my mouth shut. (So did Peyton.)

Andy is Andy. That boy is so easy. He just charms his way through life. He talks non-stop. Jimmy got a good dose of the talking while he was home for 2 months job hunting. Lately we've learned that he does not eat grilled cheese (sounds like girl cheese) but, would rather you make him a "boy cheese" sandwich. He refuses to hit a ball of a tee. He wants you to pitch it to him. He nails the ball! Also, he is all boy in that he can make all sorts of sound effects. Most recent...the machine gun. Dad is very proud! Life would be very boring with out him around.

Jimmy did find a job working for Western Union. He started a few weeks ago and is slowly getting acquainted with corporate America again. After 2 years of sharing an office with 4 other guys and wearing jeans to work, he is making good progress.
Molly, has been in puppy classes for the past 7 weeks. Next week she graduates. She has been learning the basics. Sit, stay, down, come, etc. She does really well. Last week she had her first full schnauzer haircut. She looks a lot different, but still cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the new post and pix. I am proud of both my grand girls who are such good readers; I know they will compete to see who can root the hardest for the other to succeed in all things in life. And how proud I am of my grandboy who can hit the ball and does't need that old pansy Tee to hold his ball for him.
I am proud as punch of my daughter in grace who has her own business now. And I am thankful to see the handsome hardwood floors and to know God took care of you all while Jimmy was looking for another job and then blessed him with a great job!! Yeah Lord!! We love you!!
I am sending an Easter package soon full of goodies for my sweet family. Love, Grandma

Caci said...

It's bout time you updated your blog....slacker! Where's pic of Pey- Pey?