Jan 12, 2007

Recent happenings

Big news! I know you have all been anxiously awaiting a new Hatcher Hookup post. Well, wait no more!

First, the weather here has been quite unusual. I can't even begin to tell you how much snow is piled up in my front yard. Since the week before Christmas that is all we have seen. Every week, always on a thursday or friday, we get a new winter storm. Such fun! I'm missing the old Denver weather, where it would snow and then melt the following day. Our christmas snowfall is still in the yard. I'm beginning to think it will be here until summer.

The most annoying thing about the constant snow is that my car always has wet boot prints on the floor and I have to keep the towel draped across the front entrance to our house at all times. I hate the mess of it all!

Peyton is still off track, meaning she is not back in school yet. She will start back in about a week and a half. I'm so ready to send her back. It been a long break and the weather has not really cooperated for outside playtime. She has had lots of time to practice her reading, which is getting better and better every day. She is reading everything in sight, and soaking it all up. She also enjoys writing stories and playing games on the computer. She can navigate her way all over the internet. Just recently, she managed to lose both her top teeth on the same day. She knew from past tooth fairy visits that one tooth would bring her $2, so she was able to do the $2 + $2 = $4 really quick.


Emily is back in school because she is on the traditional school year. She has enjoyed playdates, ballet and lots of playtime with her sister over the holidays. She too enjoys playing on the computer. It is amazing how quickly they can develop that hand/eye coordination. She amazes me!

Andy has enjoyed having both his sisters to play with for the past few weeks. He has them trained. They take such good care of him and love teaching him new things. Jimmy took him to get his first haircut at the barber shop the other day. He said that he didn't like the gown that they draped over him, but that as soon as they gave him a sucker he was ok with anything. After the cut, Jimmy said it looked as if Andy had a grown a beard because of the sticky drool and fallen hair that had accumulated on his chin.

Jimmy is busy with work and shoveling the weekly deposits of snowfall on our driveway. He took his first trip to CA just this week.

As for me, I'm busy, busy, busy! With my work, my house, my children and my blog I keep myself very busy!

3 comments:

Caci said...

I am so glad I can be the first to hollaback at you! It is nice to see a new post from you.....you don't normally take as long as I do! I like your new elements to your blogsite...and I am glad your fam is doing well!

Caci said...

check out ben's blog again

Michelle said...

Wow...you've gotten fancy on us!! I love the new look of the place, and am glad that all is going well!!