Jun 3, 2006

Fun in the sun!


Here are some pics of the kiddos at our neighborhood pool. It is in walking distance from our house. The kids and I lathered on our sunscreen and spent a few hours down there last thursday. Our HOA pays for our family to have access to this pool and it is so nice to have close to home. There is a big pool, a toddler pool and just recently they opened a splash park on the property too! This is what the girls wanted to check out. Andy was chillin' in his stroller watching the girls play in the water and I was relaxing on the lounge chair next to him. What a life! It was so nice! I figure we will probably be up there at least 3 times a week. I'll be working on my tan since I've been pale for almost 5 years now. I don't have enough hands to bring three non-swimming children in the big pool on my own. I'm hoping to get the girls in a swim class this summer. Until then we'll be splashing in the splash park and hanging out in the toddler pool. Peyton is finally able to go under water without crying and Emily is close behind. It won't be long and they'll be swimming like litte fish. Why don't some of you come up and hang with us by the pool!

3 comments:

Caci said...

This looks like the life I want to lead (the last pic of Andy!!) I am jealous of your awesome pool and splash ground for your kids! I think I will try my best to get up there and relax by the pool with you....of course then there will be 6 kids...but 2 can already swim like little fish!

Michael said...

Here's the deal...does it ever get warm enough up there to go swimming?? We were there in July two summers ago, and my kids got in the pool at the hotel for about 90 seconds and came out blue with chattering teeth. Granted, they didn't have cousin Melissa egging them on like I did growing up (e.g. "are you chicken," "real men swim laps around ice floes," etc.), so that may have made all the difference.

Melissa said...

there are moments when it isn't warm enough, but lately the temp has been in the 90's so it has been perfect for swimming. memorial day weekend we got out our neighbors slip-n-slide, but it was so windy that the kids would go down a few times then wrap themselves up in a towel to warm up. you never know what the weather is gonna be like here. at least there's no humidity! at least not enough to speak of.