May 10, 2006

Ready for a little break


Hello to all! Sorry it has been so long since my last entry, it's been a long week. I haven't been myself lately. Just a little too much on my plate right now. Last week, the kids and I took turns getting sick. Luckily, it just seemed to be a little 24 hour virus, nothing too serious. I have to say it's never a good thing when "momma" is down for the count. I'm slowly getting back to normal.
I will be leaving with the kids next week for our trip to LA. We are really excited about seeing everyone. I still have a lot to get done before the trip though. Tonight I have a VBS planning meeting. I am the craft station leader. I always enjoy doing VBS even if it is a little bit stressful. Jimmy is still working pretty late every night. He usually doesn't get home until 8pm or so. He really seems to be enjoying it. He misses the kiddos, but it will only be for a few more weeks.
Tomorrow is a school day for Peyton. She only has two more days of school. Next tuesday night is her graduation from Jr. Kindergarten. Don't worry I'll take lots of pics. She is very excited about starting Kindergarten in the fall. I had a "parent/teacher" conference with her teacher just a few weeks ago and she had nothing but good things to say about Peyton. She said that there was no doubt in her mind that Peyton is ready for kindergarten. She said that she needs a challenge. Isn't that what I've been saying for years now? I personally think Kindergarten won't even be a challenge for her. I'm gonna change the subject now, because this topic always gets me aggravated.
Anyway, tomorrow night we have a kindergarten meeting at Peyton's school for this fall. I will get to meet her teacher and get an idea of what to expect.
Friday I have a playdate scheduled. After that it will be cleaning time. Lots of laundry, cleaning, planning, etc.... I have to get ready to leave.
Another new item on my agenda is softball. I will be playing on our church co-ed softball team. Our first game is on June 2nd. We haven't even practiced yet. I'm so excited about playing again. It is going to be so much fun!!! Hopefully I won't break anything.
Oh, and last but not least I have some news. I was approached by our church Children's director last week. She offered me the part-time position of taking on the Nursery and Preschool ministries at our church. I have spent the week praying about it and I sat down with her yesterday to get the "in's and out's" of the job. I have decided to take the job. I'm very excited about it. They will be announcing the "change" this Sunday.
I think that about wraps it all up. I'm am looking forward to coming down to LA to have a little break. It is nice to know too that I don't have to do the drive, I will be flying. That's one stress reliever. So...if you don't hear from me until then, you now know why! Love you all!

4 comments:

Caci said...

congrats on your new job...you will be great at it!
Get your bags packed and fly on down here! We miss your dimples and great sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

whoa my goodness!! you're going to work? way to go!!

Melissa said...

the great thing about the job is that i can do most everything from home. i figure i will spend about an hour or two at the church every week, and the rest at home. it is the perfect job for a stay-at-home mom.

Anonymous said...

This looks like the way Peyton always dresses to me. She got that glasses look from me. What's wrong with it?
Seriously we can hardly wait to see you all and celebrate graduations, birthdays and anniversaries. Sounds like somne good eating in there and crawfish boils.