May 11, 2006

Mix-up Day

Today was "Mix-up" Day at Peyton's school. For those of you that don't know what "mix-up" day means, it is basically a day to wear backward and mismatched clothes. All I've heard since tuesday is, "Mom, I can't wait til thursday. It's gonna be so much fun!" The whole way home on tuesday she talked....and talked....and talked some more about what she was gonna wear and how she wanted to do her hair. I was pretty impressed with the ideas she had thought of for her outfit.
Yesterday I went upstairs with her to help her pick out the complete ensemble so that I wouldn't be running around like a crazy person this morning trying to think of everything. I've got enough to think about in the morning. She picked out all the clothes and shoes and how she was going to wear them. I of course had to help her zip up her sweater since it was on backwards, and fix her hair with half pony tail, half down. She chose the one boot, one sandal with sock look all on her own. Oh, and the sandal was on the wrong foot too (also her idea). She also informed me that she couldn't possibly take her "normal" lunchbox. She needed something "mixed-up" for her lunch. That is why in the picture she has a shoebox draped over her shoulder. The upsidedown sunglasses were also her idea, while wearing the backpack backwards was mine.
I was so proud of her for putting this totally "mixed-up" outfit together. She is so bright and creative when it comes to things like this. I don't know where she gets that? Hee..hee!
We were the first ones there this morning at her school so her teachers got a good laugh at her "get-up" as soon as they opened the door. They were quite impressed. A few minutes later I saw some of the other kids coming in all "mixed-up", but I have to say none of them were nearly as "mixed-up" as our little Pey-Pey! I took lots of pics so that you could all see her and enjoy her "crazy" personality!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm .. it looks like how jimmy comes into work most days.

Caci said...

Peyton is a brilliant child! I love her outfit! Thanks for sharing this with us! Did she get an award for being the most mixed up?

Michelle said...

Too Cute!!