May 16, 2006

Graduation Day!




Hello to all! I just wanted to post a quick entry about Peyton's graduation from Jr. Kindergarten. She is now officially ready for the real thing next year. Personally, I think she could have been graduating from Kindergarten this year, but whatever. Anyway, she had a great time tonight. They made their own graduation caps and wore them proudly. The whole class sang some songs and received their diplomas. It was sweet and I have to admit I did cry a little bit. I can't help it, I'm a sappy mom. Jimmy thinks I'm crazy, but I told him that's one of the reasons God didn't make Dads Moms.
Also, I'm posting a pic of Emily with her ballet trophy she received at her last practice. Boy, is she proud of that thing. She was so excited to get a trophy. And yes, I cried when she got the trophy too! I can't help it!
We did however receive some bad news today. Jimmy's grandfather (Papa Lou) died this evening after a few weeks of troubling health issues. Jimmy will be flying up to Baltimore this weekend for the funeral. Becky and Mrs. Linda will be heading that way on friday too. Please keep them all in your prayers for a safe trip.
I will be flying out of Denver tomorrow morning to head to LA. I'm very excited to see all my family and friends. Again, keep me in your prayers that the whole traveling experience (me alone with 3 kids on a plane) goes well. I'll be seeing some of you real soon.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yea Peyton!! Way to go!!

Tell Jimmy that we are sorry for his loss, and that we hope that he has a safe trip.

You do the same and tell all of your family and friends that the Tapp's said hello!!

Caci said...

Congratulations Peyton AND Emmy!! I am so proud of both of you! Melissa, I am totally with you on the crying thing. I even cried on Mother's Day when Ben sang his song in church. I get all sappy over the simplest things, but thinking about my babies growing up gets me every time!! When Cole did his Wax Museum and was Benjamin Franklin, as I stood there listening to him give me his speech I got all teary eyed thinking, "This is my baby. My firstborn baby already in second grade giving me a SPEECH!" I couldn't believe how time has flown by!

Anonymous said...

You took three children on a plane--BY YOURSELF?? I think we need a blow-by-blow. Have a great trip!! Eat some crawfish for me!