May 4, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!


Today is Jimmy's birthday. He is 29! Wow, he's getting up there, huh. I told him that next year I would give him a big "shindig" for his 30th. He tends to get looked over considering Emily's birthday is two days before his own. He doesn't complain though. So...next year Emily will get a little less-planned, less-extravagant party so that Daddy will get the best party ever! I've got a whole year to plan this one, so just imagine how AWESOME it will be!
Anyway, Jimmy has a new job for those of you out of the loop. The company is called BidPay. Without going into the details (because it would take forever) I will just say that it is a great job and Jimmy is very excited about it. He is trying to get his main project up and running by June 12th, so he has been working some long hours. The kids and I have not been seeing too much of him lately, but we all know that there is an "end" to these crazy hours. He has been getting to work at 7am and working until 7pm. The kids don't wake up until 7:30am and they go to bed at 8pm so as you can see, not much "DADDY" time. Peyton pretty much greets him at the door with their nightly read of one of the Chronicles of Narnia books. I think they are on book 5 or 6. "The Magician's Nephew". They both enjoy reading these books together. It is so cute!
Last night, he worked until 9pm so that today he could get off at a decent time for his birthday. We are going to go out for dinner and probably just watch a movie at home. Nothing to fancy, but definitely a much needed break for him. The girls are excited because we are going to the "peanut" restaurant. "Texas Roadhouse". They have great steaks and obviously very memorable "peanuts".
These lasts comments are from the girls for their DADDY.

Peyton: "Happy Birthday from Peyton. I hope you have a nice birthday DADDY!"
Emily: "Happy Birthday Daddy. I'm glad that your 29."

Happy Birthday Handsome! We LOVE you Bunches! Have a great one!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jimmy!!! We hope that you have a wonderful day!!

Love, The Tapp Family

Caci said...

Happy Birthday Jimmy!! 29 is YOUNG!! I will be 31 next month! WOW! Melissa, The Magician's Nephew (my favorite book in the chronicles) is the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia...obviously you don't sit in on those father-daughter read alouds! I will let you slide on not knowing that though! I hope we get to come to the shindig you plan for next year....maybe we will be almost moved up there by then!

Melissa said...

I am totally aware of the order of the books thank you very much. But, Jimmy thinks that they have screwed with the "order" and he reads them in the order he feels it is supposed to be read in....so there. I wouldn't mess with him about it either, he feels very strongly about this issue. He read them all growing up about 5o times each, so don't even try to convince him otherwise.

Michael said...

Jimmy is probably correct on the order of Narnia books. By most people's reckoning, Caci, the correct order is the order of publication:

1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
2. Prince Caspian(1951)
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
4. The Silver Chair (1953)
5. The Horse and His Boy (1954)
6. The Magicians Nephew(1955)
7. The Last Battle (1956)

Which puts The Magician's Nephew near the end. This is in contrast to most "complete" books that are printed now days with the chronicles in chronological order.

Michael said...

Oh, and happy birthday, Jimmy!!

Melissa said...

thank you michael. i knew there was a reason for the different order i just forgot what it was. the order you listed them is the exact order jimmy has read them to peyton. they are on the 6th book, The Magician's Nephew.

Caci said...

I also am very aware of the order of the books...I too have read them numerous times..I just didn't know if you knew that the # listed on the Magician's Nephew is #1 not 5. That is all....also I totally agree with reading The Magician's Nephew first because it obviously explains so much of the other books and therefore I read it first...I don't enjoy reading them in the Star Wars fashion of the last three first and the first three last!