May 21, 2006

Family Fishing Trip



After a long day spent with lots of Graduation activities we all went out to get a litte "R and R" down on Cypress Lake. My dad is friends with a really nice family, The Hoffman's that have a great little set-up right there on the lake. There daughter's actually attended Magnet High and one of them gradutated in '92. Do you know her Michael or Caci? Her name is Jennifer Hoffman. Anyway, they were so nice to let us come and fish and enjoy there lovely backyard. We got there around 10:15am and immediately went down to the water. My dad had bought both the girls a Barbie fishing poles that was just their size. He got them all strung up and showed them right where to cast it into the water. Mr. Hoffman feeds the fish around his dock regularly so they stick around for days like this when little grandchildren want to catch a few. I have to say it works, because almost everytime we through in a line with a worm on the end we pulled up a brim. It was so much fun, and we all loved seeing the girls faces when they caught their own fish.
Andy was just chillin' in his stroller putting away whatever food was handed his way. That boy can eat! My mom says she thinks he must have a hollow leg! I wouldn't doubt it. He had a great time just lounging and watching us fish. I held up all my catches for him to see and he would just smile and say, "Oooh, Oooh!"
At one point, while we were all lost in a fish catching trance, my sister started hollering! Somehow she managed to catch a big ol' bass with just a live worm on her hook. We were all catching brim, and here she is pulling out a bass out of the water. We couldn't believe her luck! She was so cute!
Also, I don't know if you can tell from the pic that I posted, but have you ever seen two people catch the same fish with two different poles? Well, it is possible. I captured it forever on film when John and Megan both reeled in the same exact brim. What are the chances? It was so funny! John had a great time. He was in awe of the Hoffman's heavenly set-up there on the lake. Every man's dream.
Needless, to say we had a great day and we all caught a bunch of fish! Emily even hooked me while walking back to the car. So...I guess you could say she had the biggest catch of the day!

5 comments:

Caci said...

I love that swing Andy is in!! I think I remember the name Jennifer Hoffman...she would have graduated with Michael. I am glad you guys had so much fun! You know you are a Blogaholic if...you go home for R and R and continue to Blog daily!! heehehee. I am so glad to see you continuing to post fun things! I think that is hilarious that they caught the same fish!

Michael said...

I remember Jennifer Hoffman. She was in my class. And I've never seen two people catch the same fish, but I do remember once when Jeffrey caught two fish at once.

BTW, the fish you were catching are bream (it's just pronounced brim).

Melissa said...

yeah, jimmy already corrected my spelling error. i'll change it when i get a chance.

Windy Smith said...

that looks like a lot of fun. We haven't taken the boys fishing yet but I really want to. I used to fish all the time when I was little at Mamaw's house

Windy Smith said...

I don't know if you check your comments daily like some of us that have no life. But if you do then I know that you have been home for atleast a day and I need some new scenery!!! =)