We made it!

Well, I made it to LA. We got to to DIA about 2 1/2 hours before my plane took off. I had talked to someone on the phone who informed me that "if flying with 3 kids by yourself. get there a little earlier." This information didn't help much when I realized I had made it through the bag check, security and sitting at the gate by 9am. I still had an hour and half before take off.
I bought the girls a cookie and some chocolate milk....Andy and I shared a cinnamon roll and milk.....still another 45 minutes. The girls did great! Andy too, until it was getting close to boarding the plane. Keep in mind this is his naptime and he doesn't really sleep well unless he's lying flat! At this point I was getting a little nervous about the plane ride. We finally got on the plane and got situated. I was sitting in the middle of my girls with Peyton by the window and Emily on the aisle. Andy was in my lap.
We take off and everythings fine, until Andy's ears start hurting. NOT GOOD! Thanks goodness it wasn't too long of a flight. I had given him some Benadryl before we got on the plane in hopes that he would just be knocked out for the ride, but it didn't work as I good as I was hoping. Anyway, we made it finally to Dallas. I've never been so relieved to feel the humity! I just wanted off that plane....and quick! 
We went straight to the baggage claim area and I found all my luggage....but no Nannaw (my mother). I have to say I was starting to literallly shake in panic that no one was there to help me with 3 kids, 3 carryons, 5 pieces of luggage and a stroller. I asked a lady next to me if family could come to the baggage claim and she answer me but without looking at me once. She was looking straight ahead like it was gonna kill her to turn her head and acknowledge my presence. She apparently didn't understand the question because she just kept answering me with, "Yeah, this is where people come." I said, "Yeah, but can your family come back here to pick you up?" 
Again, "Yeah, if they got off the plane they come here to get their bags." Still the woman won't look at me. I swear I was about to grab her face in my hands and turn her neck for her. I JUST WANT SOME HELP!!!!
After I finally realized she was gonna be know help to me at all I pulled out my phone to try to get a hold of my mom.
Luckily, she was there she was just trying to locate the right baggage claim. Finally, she showed up and saved me from my panic attack. Whew!!! Long story short, we made it to Shreveport by the evening and got settled in at home.
My sister and I actually went out that same night to get Crawfish! They were good too! 
Last night was Megan's graduation from Calvary Baptist Academy. She was the Valedictorian. Before the graduation my parents took everyone to Shane's to get some crawfish. My mom had the idea of making everyone a bib out of trashbags so they wouldn't get crawfish juice on their nice clothes. We wrote on everyone's bibs something like "Calvary Valedictorian's Sexy Sister!" That was mine. My brother's bib said, "Calvary Valedictorian's Bodyguard". You get the picture. It was so much fun. I bought some crawfish hats for me and Megan to wear while eating. I put away 10 pounds myself and only stopped with that because we had to leave. They were so good. 
After eating we went straight to the graduation. Megan got presented with all her scholarships, plus one that the principal had just received 2 hours before the graduation. She didn't even know about that one. She did a great job with her speech and brought most of us to tears. I was so proud of her.
I'm posting some pics of the whole evening for you all to enjoy!
Today we went fishing with the whole fam out on Cypress Lake. The girls caught some brim and we had so much fun! I'll post those pics tomorrow along with the pics I'll take from tonights Bonfire out at my grandparents. See ya!



1 comment:
These are good pics you have! I love the one with you and Meg and your crawfish hats! She did do a great job didn't she....even made me cry!! I am so proud of her and it was great to see you two days in a row!!
Post a Comment