Opening Day at Hatcher Field
We have been enjoying 75-80 degree weather up here for the past few days. It is so nice! I love this time of year. The girls love playing outside with their neighbor buddies. Today I am watching a little girl that lives two houses down from us. Her name is Alexa and she is 10. She is on spring break this week so her mom asked if I wouldn't mind keeping an eye on her today. Of course, I said
it was fine. How hard is it to keep a wonderful 10 year old girl. She is a sweet girl. The girls think she is great because she plays with them and teaches them new things.
Today she took the girls outside to teach them how to play baseball. It was so cute listening to the conversation and interaction between them from inside. I had the windows open to let the nice spring air in. They were taking turns trying to hit the ball and Alexa was pitching. Before each pitch Alexa would say, "Batter up!"; then the girls would have to answer, "Bat
ter ready!". It was so funny! Every once in a while the girls would get a piece of the ball and they would take off running the bases. Alexa would of course trip right before she was able to tag them out and they were able to make homerun after homerun.
Andy came out for a little while. He was playing "deep" outfield. He didn't get any balls this time, but that was ok seeing as he was just using his glove as a teether. I can't wait to see him in a little baseball uniform in a few years. How cute will that be?
Well, I hope you all enjoy the pics of the Hatcher's Opening season.



1 comment:
I am so jealous that you can open your windows for fresh spring air! There is no spring air in East Texas....it is already humid and killing me! Andy looks better than some of the boys on Jacob's team!! He could hang!
Post a Comment