Apr 3, 2006

Fun with food!


Why do all kids think it is so fun to play with their food? It is universal! They would rather play with it than eat it. My kids are of course no different. I'm posting a pic of Peyton showing off her "bread mask". She does her best work with flour tortillas at our favorite new mexican restaurant "Bamba's". I can remember doing the same thing when I was little at "Nicky's". Like mother like daughter I guess.
Here is a funny story for you. I recently purchased some cookies from the store that I had never bought before. They were on sale and I thought, "What the heck." Well, little did I know they would be such a hit. Jimmy thinks these cookies are sent from Heaven! The girls like them too, but Jimmy LOVES them! Anyway, when we first got them Jimmy tried to convince the girls, especially Emily (his competition in the "snack arena") that these cookies were really "mouse brains". Wher e he came up with this one is beyond me, but I've learned not to ask. Emily was a little hesitant at trying the "heaven" cookies at first. I think she finally tried one the following night and of course loved them just like her dad. What is funny though is that she must really think that they are called "mouse brain" cookies, because when she wants some she always asks, "Mom, can I have some mouse brain cookies for dessert?"

3 comments:

Caci said...

Annalisa now calls Ding Dongs "Ding Dings" and the boys think it is hilarious. My children, taught by Ben of course, can't eat flour tortillas without first making a Batman mask! It is hilarious....but what is funnier is seeing Ben put his flour tortilla mask over his face too! Some guys never grow up!

Michael said...

This reminds me of when we were kids. I told Caci that raisins where baby roaches so that she would quit eating them. I bet she still won't touch raisins to this day.

Caci said...

Roaches....I mean raisins....are disgusting! I try not to feed them to my own children, but they like them. There is nothing worse than biting into a good oatmeal cookie and tasting that gooey roach, raisin, in there! grossssss!