Apr 21, 2006

Born to drive


Here are some cute pics of Andy sitting our yellow VW bug. I was outside watching the girls and I couldn't hold the kid very much longer. He's quite heavy! I didn't have the option of putting him on the grass because our neighbor had just fertilized. You've seen pics of his bad grass-eating habit, so I had to think of something else.
Once I put him in the car, he was in heaven! He flashed those dimples of his at me like he was saying, "This is so cool, Mom!" It was so cute! You would have thought he knew exactly how to drive by the way he was holding the wheel. I think it just must come in the male genes.
Also, while in the car he was pulling himself up into a standing postion. It's about time! He's almost 11 months old and the boy is barely even making an attempt at anything other than his infamous "roll". Just two days ago he started bringing his knees up under him pretending as if he was going to crawl. I keep waiting....but nothing! Peyton started crawling at 7 months. Granted, it was the "combat" crawl, but at least that was something.
For now, the boy is content with the rolling. You can be sure when he decides to do something different you'll see pictures of the milestone moment.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Too cute!! It looks as though that little car is the perfect size for him. Who needs to walk, when you can drive?!!!

Caci said...

Annalisa is so jealous! She has been wanting a vw bug car that is her own for a while now! They love to ride in Herbie (Ben's bug car) and they were thrilled when I purchased a VW last month...even if it isn't a bug car....they are all about brand names! hahaha

Anonymous said...

My boy is the next Nascar wonder!
Love it that he is pulling up and getting brave.

Anonymous said...

i notice the dent on the family car is exactly the same height as his head. who is teaching this young man to drive? must be mom....

Melissa said...

What is ironic is that the dent on the car was actually put there by an "anonymous" driver while I was in a doctor's appointment. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

probably left the rear end of the car out too far in traffic. crazy women drivers...

Anonymous said...

only crawfish and southern maid donut starved belles leave bumpers stuck out in traffic.

Melissa said...

Well, if you're gonna bring crawfish and southern maid into the mix then "Mr.Anonymous" better hold on to his wallet when his "crazy driver" daughter comes into town!

Anonymous said...

can't wait....

Caci said...

OOH! I want some Southern Maid too!!!