Crazy Colorado weather

Well, here we are wrapping up the end of April and this crazy Colorado weather decides it wants to give us a little more snow. Can you believe it? This is will be the third year in a row that it might "snow-out" Emily's birthday again! We she turned two (Ladybug party) I was gonna have her party in a park. Remember this was my first spring in CO, so I didn't know any different. The chance that it would snow was the least of my worries. Well, it did just that. The night before her party day, it snowed about two or three inches. So, needless to say I lost my deposit on the reserved park pavillion and we had it at our church. It was still a great party. Again, I was new to the state so I didn't really know that even though it snows it will a lot of times melt the next day when the sun comes out. We really could have had her party at the park. Oh, well.
Last year, (Monkey party) I planned the party for indoors. I was prepared for snow. You're probably thinking, "what are the chances that it would snow on the party day in May two years in a row". Well, it happened. Party day. Snow day. Still, the monkey party was a success!
This year, (My Little Pony) I'm getting brave. I've decided that you should really not take the predicted weather too seriously up here. Yeah, it snowed today, but saturday (party day) is 5 days away. I even purposely planned a late in the day party so that if it did snow friday night, it could still melt by 3pm on saturday. I guess we'll see. In the mean time, I'm still planning, planning, planning! I'm almost done making 7-8 pony manes and tails. It has taken me a while. Each girl will be "transformed" into a pony. They will all be different colors. The birthday girl will be the rainbow pony. Her mane and tail will have all the colors. I know, I'm a dork! Oh, well!
Ok, I'm signing off.



3 comments:
I hear ya girl, that's how the weather is up here. We haven't had a lot of snow this year, so I keep waiting for it to catch us off gaurd. When we moved here in June 2 years ago, it was 40 degrees outside for the high and the next week it hit the high for the summer, 95 degrees. Go figure!! Well at least you are prepared for the worst, but I bet this year her party will be able to be outside.
Sounds like a snow job to me!
You are a great mom....and snow or no snow I know you will have a great party for your little Emily! Give her a big hug for me too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!
Post a Comment