Mar 19, 2006

Peyton's dilemma


I was packing the kids into the car this morning trying to make it to church on time when Peyton needed an answer to her most recent dilemma. This is how it went:

"Mom, I don't know what I'm gonna do when I grow up and I'm a momma. You know I'm gonna be a builder and I don't think my kids would want to come to work with me. I don't think they would have fun. What am I gonna do?"

Well, I informed her that you never know when she might have kids. She could be a builder before she has kids, then when she has kids she could stay home with them. Once the kids were in school she could go back to being a builder. She kinda looked at me like she wasn't too sure. Then she said:

"Well, you know I'm gonna marry Mac. (Mac is a little boy in her school) So, maybe Mac could just stay home with the kids."

The whole conversation was typical Peyton. She thinks way beyond her years. I get questions like this one all the time. My opinion doesn't' usually matter though. She just likes to think through them out loud I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha this is super cool!!!!