And we're off......!
We're already almost a week into the new year and I still have my Christmas stuff up. I just can't seem to get motivated in that area. I'm really good at procrastinating and I've managed to find TONS of other things to do except that. Jimmy is in charge of outdoor lights and since it snowed a lot this weekend he was able to get out of that one. I don't have the same excuse. Maybe this weekend.
The kids are still off track for the holidays. They got off on Dec. 19th and they will not return until Jan. 24th (somewhere around there). I'm running out of things to do with them. I can't stand the constant, "Mom, I'm bored....what can I do?". It is driving me insane!!!!
The girls are both Brownie scouts this year, so it is our first year to particpate in the Girl Scout cookie sales. I wish I could say that I'm excited, but alas.....I'm dreading it. I'm not really a go-getter when it comes to carting my kids all over town begging for money, but whatever. I guess I could look on the bright side and know that I have my own two personal scouts ready to take my order for numerous boxes of thin mints and samoas. On the other hand, I finally ironed on the girls new patches today so that is one less thing I have to do this week.
Peyton has also started her first ever science fair project today. Her question, that she came up with totally on her own is, "If you put food coloring on a seed as it grows, what will happen?" She chose lima beans for her seed and 4 different cups to grow seeds in. She of course has the control, then a cup for blue, cup for red and a cup for green. It should be interesting to see what happens. She is soooo excited to get started.
Tomorrow I have to go to the orthodontist for my little checkup. Yuck! I'm so sick of these stupid braces. They were put on to help with my bite and because of all the pain and difficulty I had with my TMJ diagnosis early last year. Lately, I've been experiencing more headaches and shoulder and back pain again. I don't know why. I thought it was brought on by a lot of stress last year, but I don't think I've been stressed too much lately. Anyway, I say all this to say.......I can't wait until June so I can rip these things off!
The girls also have their dentist appt. this week. We've at least made it past the initial "screaming our head" off stage and can now sit in the chair quietly and still while the dentist cleans our teeth. Yay for that!
I'm eagerly awaiting a booked schedule for my photography. So far....nothing! I hope that changes here in the next few weeks. Pray that my phone starts ringing!
I did enter my first photo contest this week. If you go to my photo blog you can check out the picture I entered. I'll find out on friday if I won. So excited about that.
For now, that is all I have for you. I'll post some pics as the science project gets under way. What do you think will happen to the seeds as they grow?????



1 comment:
I will buy me some Thin Mints and Samoas too....so they don't have to go too far...I would like them to beg though! LOL
Post a Comment