Kit Party
Can you believe it! Peyton is 8! Ahhhh! Where has the time gone?
Most of you know her love for writing and reading. She found another little girl that shares her same passions. Kit Kittredge. Kit is an American Girl Historical character. She lived during the Depression Era and wanted to be a writer herself. After many books, and this summer's movie about Kit, Peyton decided she wanted to have a Kit birthday party.
I bought Kit's outfit online for Peyton to have and dress up in. I took some pics of her looking just like Kit and created the invitation. They turned out adorable. I found an old, antique typewriter at a garage sale about a month before the party and thought it would be perfect for her to have and practice her writing skills. Kit, of course, had one just like that. 
Peyton wanted all the girls to dress up in Depression Era clothing and keep it as real to that time as possible. So, since it was a dinner time party I decided to have a Soup kitchen for all the girls to experience. It was a lot of fun. We also had a little mystery to solve and did some fun crafts. Peyton and all the girls had a great time. She also finally got the Kit Kittredge American Girl doll.




1 comment:
That is so cool. What a great, unique party for Peyton. And the typewriter! I wouldn't mind tapping on it myself. I'll never forget that 6th grade typing class complete with white out ribbons.
Peyton is just precious, and she's blessed to have the partyin'est mom there is!
Post a Comment