Is it just me?
I don't know what it is, or why it is, but I'm so tired! I haven't done a whole heck of a lot since VBS was over. I did enjoy my parents and sister for the week after VBS. We did go on a camping trip the weekend after July 4th, but even that is weeks ago. Why am I still so tired?
The summer has gone by pretty quick. My girls, because we are on the year-round school system up here, start school next week. Can you believe that? I would be more excited if they were both starting the full-day school, but yet again, I still have one that will be in the half-day. I hate that! Really, what purpose does that serve. It leaves me stranded in our part of town (which is at least 20 minutes from everything we do) until after 11:30am every day. This means, no ladies bible studies, no getting work done at church, no playdates (unless they come to me) etc. It really stinks!
Anyway, enough of that. I'll talk about the kids. They are all doing great. Andy got his cast off the week of VBS. Did I already tell ya'll that? Well, he did. He actually got it off a week and a half early. Yay! It took him a few days to get back to walking, and then another week or so to stop walking with a limp....but now, he's back to his old self. Running, playing, climbing! We have been extra careful in the bathroom since the accident. No more slips!

Peyton is reading like crazy! She will be starting 1st grade this year, but she's already reading on a 3rd grade level. It's pretty impressive, and I feel the need to brag a little. I'm so proud of her. She really does just love learning! I've been making a lot of chapter book purchases lately. She flies through them pretty quick. I just bought some of the old Boxcar Children series books for her on Amazon. She seems to enjoy them. The reason I say she's reading on a third grade level is because those books are for 9-12 year olds and she reads them with ease. Oh, and she also just learned how to ride her bike without training wheels.
Peyton is reading like crazy! She will be starting 1st grade this year, but she's already reading on a 3rd grade level. It's pretty impressive, and I feel the need to brag a little. I'm so proud of her. She really does just love learning! I've been making a lot of chapter book purchases lately. She flies through them pretty quick. I just bought some of the old Boxcar Children series books for her on Amazon. She seems to enjoy them. The reason I say she's reading on a third grade level is because those books are for 9-12 year olds and she reads them with ease. Oh, and she also just learned how to ride her bike without training wheels.
Emily finished up her ballet year with a great little recital. She probably won't be doing ballet this year. I think we need to find a new activity that is less expensive and doesn't last an entire year. That was a little much. She will be starting Kindergarten next week, and she is very excited. Both the girls just started swimming lessons at a new swim school up here. We are tw
Andy is growing up so fast. It almost makes me sad. He is talking like crazy and he is just such a joy in our lives. A lot of times it is pretty obvious that he has two older sisters. Every once in a while I have to tell him to take off the girl's dress-up shoes, or put down the barbie and play with his dinosaurs, but he's still all boy!!!! He loves chasing his sisters while ROARING like a dinosaur, and he loves rolling his toy cars down our stairs. He also can count to 20 by himself, only leaving out 13, 15, and 17. He also loves to sing his ABC's and is pretty doggone smart!
Other than being in kind of a funk. I look forward to playing on the co-ed church softball team every friday night. It really is therapy for me. I get a little into it....ok, A LOT into it, but I LOVE IT! Jimmy opted to take this year off. I think.....he won't admit it fully, but I think it had a little to do with the fact that he didn't want to come to my defense each week. Again, I can get a little carried away. I can't help it. Most of you know the family I come from......nuff said!!!!
Jimmy is doing great! He's working hard and cranking out that code! He just hiked his first fourteener last weekend. I'm so proud of him, because I can't say I would have ever attempted it. He hiked Mt. Elbert. It is supposedly the highest peak in CO at 14, 4oo something. He did good! He is a little sore, and did say that he will probably never do it again, but oh well......HE DID IT!!!
That's about it for now. I'll try to get more on top of things so it doesn't take me so long to post another entry. Until then, I hope you are all having a great summer!!!



3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the kids are doing well, and I totally agree with you on the swimming. I've still got two to go on that front, but we work on it every time we go to the pool.
I LOVE your pic at the top of the page!!! Thanks for FINALLY posting something! LOL
I'm so glad that Andy has gotten his cast off, I have been wondering how his little leg was doing.
I know how it is with the half day thing, Jonah is in a half day preschool again this year because he missed the birthday cutoff to start school by 2 weeks. It stinks having to go back and forth to get him, but oh well, what can ya do?
Glad everything is going good, hope that you get to feeling "less" tired soon. Is that even possible though being a mother???
Post a Comment