Summer fun.....who needs it.
So, last night after bathtime Andy was dressed and ready for bed. He was told to go downstairs to see Daddy, while I got the girls out of the tub. Instead, he decided he would go visit his sister in the bathroom again. Once I saw that he had not done what I asked I told him again...."Andy, go downstairs."
Just as he turned to finally do what he had already been told to do, he slipped on the wet floor. I saw it happen and could tell that he had hurt himself. The way he landed I thought he might have twisted his knee or something.
I picked him up and carried him into the hall to check it out. He was crying while I was looking at his leg. There was nothing obviously wrong, so like I said I thought it was just twisted wrong. I carried him downstairs and sat him down. He was still crying and hurting. I asked him if he could walk and he said, "Yea". But then, after trying to stand up, he fell.
Anyway, long story short. I took him to the ER and they did some x-rays. I knew by the way he was screaming and crying that it had to come back with something wrong. I was ready for a torn ligament, or a twisted knee or something like that. Instead, they came back and told me that his leg was broken. His femur had cracked right down the middle.
Poor thing, he was in so much pain....but he was brave. I brought him home around midnight and put him to sleep. He was so tired.
He slept really good. He woke up this morning and called me saying, "Momma....I stuck." I went into his room and picked him up and in a half-cry, half laugh he said, "Tate chou Momma." (Thank you).
We go see the orthopedic doctor on friday to get the full hard cast. The doctor in the ER told me that he'll probably have it on for 6-8 weeks.
Summer is overrated right? Pray for our little man.



5 comments:
OH NOOO!!!! Poor Andy!! I hope he gets to feeling better real soon!!
Big hugs from the Tapps.
good grief, Andy! Why didn't you just go downstairs like your mama asked you to? LOL
seriously, I hope you get to feeling better soon and have fun getting your sisters to get everything for you!
well, I am just surprised that he is the first little boy in our family that has broken a bone. I am sure one of mine will at some point break something. Poor Baby! Atleast he did it while he is still really young and heals fast.
oh that poor little dear! i have tears in my eyes thinking about the experience! i am there with him (to a much lesser degree) in that i broke my hand last week and had to do the whole ortho thing! hope you don't mind me stopping by, i traveled through michelles page ;~)
Rats, man! What a bummer. I'm so proud of how brave he was. Here's praying for quick healing!
Post a Comment