Apr 1, 2007

Magical Moments

As you all know, Disneyland is known as the place where "all your dreams come true". Well, we had a few magical, dream come true moments of our own while we were there! Here a just a few of our favorites.

Peyton, our oldest, and very independent daughter, had a few magical moments to choose from during the week. One of her favorite moments (besides meeting Ariel face to face) was when she got chosen out of a huge crowd of kids for the Jedi Training Academy show.

The plan, on our last day there, was to try to hit the last spots we hadn't seen. Tomorrowland, which is in Disneyland Park, had a Jedi Training Academy show that was to start close to lunch time. We were going to sit right by the show and watch it as we ate. Well, plans starting changing when we found out that participants are chosen out of the crowd based on whether or not, the Jedi teacher/trainer guy felt the "force was strong" in them. I told Peyton to go stand right in front and that I would be at our table if she needed me. Of course, Peyton, being the independent one was fine with this plan. She pushed her way through the crowd and landed herself on the front row. Still though....not a guarantee to be chosen.

As the Jedi teacher started choosing his Padawan "younglings" I found myself praying that he would sense "the force" in Peyton! He went across the entire crowd once and then, when I started thinking she wouldn't get chosen, he made his way back to Peyton's side of the audience. Sure enough....with a little help from God, my prayer and just because she's so cute, Peyton was putting off enough of "the force" to get chosen into the training academy. I don't know what it is about seeing your child's face light up with joy during life's "magical" moments that makes you (mostly moms) want to cry, but it always seems to work that way. I was so excited for her!

After getting decked out in her Jedi robe and her own personal lightsaber, she was ready to begin her training. They taught her how to "activate" her lightsaber and a few cool moves to use on her enemies when needed. She was captivated by the whole thing....I wish you could have seen her face. During training, the Jedi teacher, started sensing "a disturbance in the force" and he called all the Padawans to his side. Sure enough, the stage was lifting, and behind a cloud of smoke and fog appeared the enemy....(dum, dum, dummm) Darth Vader! I have to say it was pretty cool!




Darth tried to persuade the Jedi's in training to join him on the "Dark side", but after showing no interest in the switch, decided he would have to fight. Just when you think it couldn't get worse, out comes Darth Maul with his double lightsaber in hand. He creeps me out! None of the kids seemed to care to much though. Weird!


Then, the Jedi teacher decides to give all his Padawans a turn at fighting either Darth Vader or Darth Maul by using their newly-learned skills. It was pretty cool! Peyton, who at this point, looked slightly overwelmed, but still committed was put in the Darth Vader line. She was one of the last kids to fight. As they got closer to the end, they moved her to the Darth Maul line and I almost thought she wouldn't pull it off. As a mother, I could "sense" the slightest bit of fear in her eyes, but like always.....she surprised me and took on the evil looking dude.

It was such a great moment! I was so proud of her and so happy that she got to experience something like that! That was Peyton's "magical" moment of the trip.


For Emily, the trip was magical in a very different way. Emily, is my more cautious, slightly dramatic child. Our decision to go to Disneyland we knew would be an interesting one for Emily. She has never done well with giant characters dressed-up in huge costumes, no matter how friendly or fun they looked. She didn't want any part of it. I can even remember a time in Chick-fil-A when the giant Cow came out to greet customers and you would have thought it was a monster out to get her. So, needless to say Jimmy and I were somewhat concerned at the thought of Disneyland with Emily.

Well, she ended up surprising us. I don't know what happened, but all fear went out the window and she was more than willing to get her picture taken with them, and even ask them to sign her autograph book. Go figure! We were shocked! I guess she got caught up in the magic of the moment!


One of her favorite moments was getting to meet all the Princesses at our dinner at Ariel's Grotto, but most important, Belle! She loves Belle and was so excited when she came around the corner of the dinner table to talk to her. At one point, earlier in the day, while walking through the park I could hear her practicing what she was going to say to Belle when she saw her that night. It was another one of those "teary-eyed" moments (i'm sorry, i'm a sap) for me as a mother. I felt so great that we could provide her with this special opportunity to meet her favorite princess! Anyway, back to the dinner. Her face just lit up when Belle came up to her. I could tell she had forgotten all those important things she wanted to say, and instead just gazed at her in awe! It was so cute! I got her picture and helped her to to tell Belle that she was her favorite princess. Belle signed her book and gave her a big hug! It was definitely a "magical" moment for our precious Emmy!

As for Andy, he had so much fun! I was kinda worried that he would be bored and not enjoy himself......boy was I wrong! Our little man was having the time of his life! He would always start out in the stroller, but would want to get out and check everything out! He did great holding our hands and staying close.


One of his favorite moments was getting to meet Buzz Lightyear! I waited in line with him so that he could get a picture with him. About half way throught the line, he spotted Buzz and started pointing and yelling his name! As we got to the front of the line the girl that was with Buzz noticed me talking to Andy and saying, "Look, Andy it's Buzz!" She immediately said, "Is his name Andy?" When it was our turn to see Buzz she told Buzz, "Hey Buzz, this is ANDY!" (You know like the kid in the movie.....his name was Andy.) Buzz, squatted down and opened his arms to give Andy a hug. Andy ran toward him and hugged him. Then, after we got the pic, he started pressing all the buttons on Buzz's chest in hopes that they would do something. It was so cute! Andy loves his picture with Buzz.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, you are crazy!! And stop mentioning the stuff that made you cry...I am choking up here, and they aren't even my kidz!!!

Marlyn

Caci said...

yeah, I am with Marlyn, I got teary-eyed too....I am a proud cousin! You guys had a great time and my boys are in awe of the whole Jedi-training thing! Peyton is top-notch!

Melissa said...

mom I love fighting dorth mual. tha litsaver and that robe wor fun love peyton