Our first POP-UP experience!

Hey guys! It's been a while. Sorry, I'm a busy lady. The days of me writing daily, for your enjoyment are long gone!
Well, guess what! The Hatcher family is now the proud owner of a brand, spankin' new pop-up camper. We picked it up thursday and within a mere 2 hours we got a hitch installed on our car and a thorough lesson on how to use it from the inside, out!
Poor Jimmy has heard all the "city boy" jokes he can take within the past few days. But, I have to say, in all honesty....he has done a great job figuring it all out!
Our plan is to take the camper to Disneyland next week. This is our compromise. I wanted to take the kids to Disneyland and Jimmy wanted to go camping.....so, here we go.....Camping at Disneyworld!
Last night, because we don't want to look like idiots at the campsite next week, we decided take it out for a trial run. Since we live in the beautiful state of Colorado, and since the weather has been breathtaking for the past week, we decided to pack it up and head out.
Jimmy was at work, which left me at home with the job of putting the camper onto the hitch. Now, let me just say this. I am definitely more "countrified" (the fact that I'm using the word "countrified" should say it all) than my better half. But, as much as I have been around a trailer and its lovely hitch, I have never had to attach them (safely) together. Let's just say, without going into any great detail, that without the help of my great neighbors and my own right foot....my butt would have been flattened under that beautiful 12 foot pop-up without a doubt! I managed to make it to Jimmy's office without any major snags. Then, we were off!
We went to a nearby CO state park right by the foothills. It was a great night! This little overnight trip gave us the opportunity to organize and fill the camper for next week's big excursion. Plus, it was a really good reason to enjoy some smores!!!
Oh, and Dad.....the memory you were talking about.....the flaming smore getting flung onto someone.....yeah, it happened!!!!
Enjoy the pics!
Friday, March 16, 2007




1 comment:
I love it! You guys are gonna have so much fun! I am glad your butt didn't get flattened under the pop-up! Can't wait to see pics from Disneyland!
Post a Comment