We're being invaded!!!!

We've known since we've moved in that there are deer in and around our neighborhood. That is one of the things I love about where we live. There is open space and trails all over, and it is normal to see a few here and there every day. But, since we've been hit with all this snow lately, they have been coming into the neighborhoods and streets more and more looking for food.
Two nights ago there were about 8-10 across the street from our house, in our neighbors yard enjoying the bushes. I got out and took pics from my car and chased them all over the neighborhood. They got pretty annoyed with me, but I don't care!
Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today, after coming home from a birthday party, Emily and I saw about 40 deer, and no I am not exaggerating. They were everywhere! It was like they were coming out of the woodwork! I don't know about you, but for me, spoting a deer (even just one) never gets old! So, you can imagine my reaction when I got see as many as I did today. I went home to get Peyton so she could come see all of them, and I hopped back into the car and drove around the corner to take some pics. These are the pics I got. It was kinda hard to get some good shots, because they were right off the main entrance road into our neighborhood so I couldn't really stop.
























2 comments:
That is so cool!! We have woods behind our house, so we get to see a few deer every once and awhile, but never that many at once!!
that is really cool! I hope you are putting out some corn or something for those deer to eat....although they don't look malnourished to me! Windy said she doesn't appreciate not having a comment about your new deer pics on her wall....she only found out because she read my wall...(she is whining a bit)LOL
Post a Comment