Peyton got her ears pierced!

Can you believe it? I'm still wondering how I agreed to it in the first place.
It all started a few weeks ago when our neighbor's little girl came home with her ears pierced. Up until this point I don't even know if Peyton really new what it was. She immediately told me after seeing Paige's ears, that she wanted to get her ears pierced too. That was when I asked her if she really knew what that process was like. I explained to her in not so fun terms what it was like and that it would definitely hurt. Apparently, my scare tactics didn't work this time, because this past Saturday while in the mall she asked again.
The whole fam was strolling the mall last weekend and we had to make our trip to the pet store so the kids could see the animals. The pet store is right next to Claire's, and I had seen that someone was about to get their ears pierced; so I thought what a great time to let Peyton see how it really works. I grabbed her hand and walked her into the store ready to get a front row seat for the show. I was disappointed as soon as I saw that it was a 6o or so woman in the chair. She was not going to show the true experience to a 6 year old for sure. But, we watched anyway so Peyton could see exactly how they do it. She was intrigued!
After watching we walked back out to grab a Mrs. Field's cookie or two. While we were all sitting there (still in front of the Claire's window) Peyton asked me if she could get her ears pierced right then. I again, asked her. "Do you understand that it really hurts. It will feel like you're getting a shot in your ear." That still had no effect on her persistance. She wanted to do it!
I asked Jimmy what he thought and his only response was, "How much does it cost?" and "Ask them if they can do both holes at once, because I don't want her walking out with just one ear done after she finds out that it really does hurt."

So, off we went. We picked out the earrings she wanted. The rainbow daisies. She climbed up into the chair and waited patiently with a smile on her face while I signed her life over on a piece of paper. Jimmy waited right outside the window with Andy and Emily. Emily stood there watching with her fingers in her ears, knowing full well that Peyton was going to cry. That alone, was pretty funny.
After the papers were signed and the tools were prepped and sterilized the lady called over that second person so they could do both ears at once. They handed her a teddy bear for comfort and I held her hands and told her to close her eyes. They did both ears.....Peyton opened her eyes, let go of my hands and buried her face in the teddy bear's head. She was trying so hard not to cry with all those people watching, but she couldn't help it. I immediately started telling her how beautiful they looked and that it was ok to cry. The tears didn't last too long. Once she got to see her ears in the mirror she was thrilled.
She is one brave little girl! I was so proud of her.



5 comments:
Wow!!! I can't believe how brave she is!! Tell her that I think they look beautiful!!
Hannah has mentioned getting her ears pierced many times, and then always changes her mind after she questions me with "does it hurt real bad?" and my telling her "it sure does." She says that when she is 12 she will be ready then. We'll see!!
So far only Reagan has hers pierced. Our rule is that they have to be able to tell time on an analog clock to get their ears pierced.
It took Reagan about 3 days after hearing that to learn how. Apparently, it's not that important to Abbie, though, because she still hasn't learned how.
hey michelle,
if you see this, for some reason i try to post a comment on your site and it won't let me. :(
i don't know what to do.
i check it all the time though and i love it!
Hey Melissa,
When did you try to post a comment because I have the one on there from my last post? Blogger is weird sometimes and won't let you see things even when they are there. Thanks for all of the love!! :)
Peyton, you are so brave! I was 7 when I got my ears pierced and I remember that it does hurt. I cried a little bit too! I love the rainbow daisies and so does Annalisa! Congratulations!
I love Jimmy's response. It helps me for in the future because I never really thought about them walking out with only one ear done!! that is hilarious!
Post a Comment