Igloo Construction of 2006

Whooohooo! I love the snow! I turn into a kid when I see the fluffy stuff start to fall! Today was no different. We knew from watching last night's news that a storm would be coming through today, but you can never be too sure if it will really happen. Well, luckily it did and we woke up to about 6 inches or so already on the ground. By early afternoon it had accumulated to around 10 inches in Parker, where we live. The mountains are getting completely dumped on...collecting 2o or more inches, easy!
The girls and I decided around 11am this morning to go out and play. It took us about 10-15 minutes just to get dressed in all our gear. We immediately started diving head first into the piles and piles of snow. So fun! Last year for Christmas Santa brought the girls a snowball and brick maker to build with in the snow.
My mission was to build an igloo with the brick maker. I was focused! I spent a good 1 1/2 hours outside scooping and piling. You can see why I didn't go into construction or engineering....I didn't have much luck enclosing the igloo, but whatever! I'll go back out later and see what I can do to fix it. Still, it looks pretty darn cool!
Ok, so I went back out a few minutes ago and instead of improving my igloo I decided to try to construct a slide. I was much more successful in that endeavor. I added some pics of the girls and the neighbor kids having a blast in the "playland of snow" in our front yard.























3 comments:
ok, so I am officially jealous! I love Emily's curly ponytail!
I'm impressed!! I think that your igloo looks pretty darn good!! :)
What does Andy think of all the snow?
Post a Comment