Jul 27, 2006

Peyton's 1st day of Kindergarten



Well, my sweet PeyPey is growing up! Today was her first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited! You're probably all wondering why in the heck is she starting school in July. Well, up here in Parker we are on the Track system for year round school. There are so many kids that they have developed this system of rotating classes. Peyton is on track B....which actually starts later than the other tracks. If she were on track A, C, or D she would have started at the beginning of July. She basically goes to school for 9 weeks and then is off for 3 weeks. Her track is the closest to a traditional schedule so she ends up being off during most normal holidays.
Anyway, back to Peyton's first day. She wore her new skirt that Caci made for her while they were here visiting. She was dressed and ready by 7:30am when she came to wake me up this morning. I took her to school this morning, but I'm thinking about letting her ride the bus 3 days out of the week. Our neighbors kids ride the bus, one of which is in Peyton's class and the other is older so he would be able to help Peyton if needed. There is also an older girl that lives 2 doors down that I know would be helpful too. This is a new thing for me....normally I wouldn't dream of putting her on a bus. I would of course walk her to the bus stop (which is right on the corner of our street) and then I think they make one other stop before going straight to the school. Not too bad! Anyway, I'm thinking about it.
She had a great day today. She came home talking all about it and telling me all the rules she has to know. She said, "There are so many rules. I don't know how I'm gonna remember every single one!"
Thursday, July 27, 2006

2 comments:

Windy Smith said...

She is all grown up. Carter will start Kindergarten in a few weeks. How was her first day? She looks beautiful in her new skirt. I ofcourse taught Caci everything she knows about sewing.

Caci said...

Windy is hilarious!!! I love your new skirt Peyton...the belt is AWESOME!! I hope you had fun on your first day of kindergarten! We miss you guys!