Jul 5, 2006

Moab Trip

Hello everyone! We're back from Utah as of last night. We had a great trip! We left Sunday morning after church and just took our time getting there. We had never driven further that Eagle, CO until this trip so it was fun getting to see more of Western Colorado. It is a definite change from the mountains we were used to seeing. I guess it can be described as a more western, cowboy type feel. Still beautful though. Once we got into Utah we didn't see a whole lot of trees. Very desert like. Anyway, we had a great drive into Moab. We got to our campground around 6pm I guess. We stayed at ArchView Resort. It was very nice. There were places for tents, rv's, little cabins, deluxe cabins and a few bigger cabins. We stayed in one of the deluxe cabins. It was small, but it worked. As soon as we got unpacked we headed into town to grab some dinner. We ate and then looked in a few of the little shops. Jimmy and I thought it would be fun to start letting the girls collect something from all the trips we go on. We all decided the collectable pins would be the best. They each picked out a pin that they liked and we were on our way. We got back to the cabin pretty late, so we just all crashed. Monday morning we were up and going around 7:30am. We got everyone fed and dressed and we headed out to the Arches National Park to do some hiking and sightseeing.I had purchased some canteens and portable fans for the girls to carry since it was going to be so hot! Thanks to Target's dollar section! We loaded everyone up and we were on our way. The park was so big and there were so many places to stop and either hike or take pictures. We did a few little hikes with the kids and I stopped many times to take pictures. I had two cameras....my digital and my 35 mm. We did the little hike around the Balancing Rock and the "mini" hike to see the Delicate Arch (most famous). I went out later to do the real long hike to the Delicate Arch. Check out Mel Tells for more details. Anyway, we had lots of fun! Peyton was definitely a lot more into the hiking than Emily. We found out that hiking (or anything strenuous) was not Emily's cup of tea! Andy did great and loved getting out of the carseat whenever possible. After seeing most of the highlights of the park we went back into town for some lunch. We found a little diner that was so good! While we were having lunch Peyton actually lost her first tooth. She was so thrilled! We celebrated with some ice cream afterwards. Needless to say after a full morning of hiking and sweating we all went back to the cabin and crashed for a few hours. I decided to leave to go on my own little adventure to the Delicate Arch hiking trail around 6:30pm. We had been told that the best time to get pics of the arch was at sunset....so I wanted to try it out. Jimmy stayed with the kids at the cabin and made smores and found pictures in the clouds. I didn't get home until close to 10pm. It was a long hike. I had some smores when i got home and then we hit the hay. Tuesday we just hung out for a while before check out time. We went back into town for a few more fun purchases. All around we had a great trip. I would highly suggest going to check out the scenery in Moab, Utah.
Sunday, July 9, 2006


Shout out to my cool cuz Michael for giving me the links to DropShots.com. I've been having trouble uploading pics so this worked like a dream. You're Awesome Mike! I wanna be like Mike!

3 comments:

Caci said...

Did the tooth fairy come visit Peyton? I sure hope so. I am disappointed because when I saw you were using dropshots I was excited thinking, "COOL, she is using Dropshots because she saw it on my blogsite and saw how cool it is"...that is how I got video up for the first time. Michael probably didn't know about it till he saw it on my site...but NO, he has to get credit for it! WHATEVER!!!!!! Yeah, I'll shout out to him.....dorkwad!

Caci said...

now that I've been to michael's website I will be nicer to him because HE gave me credit for dropshots. :-) Maybe he isn't a dorkwad after all.

Michael said...

Looks like you all had a great time.

Thanks for all the props, ladies!