Jun 15, 2006

They're wigglin'!


Guess what? Peyton is about to lose her tooth...or in this case, teeth! She has not one...not two...not three, but four loose teeth! I guess the tooth fairy better start saving up for the Hatcher household.
Peyton came up to me this afternoon while I was on the phone and had this look of concern on her face. "Mom, my tooth is wigglin'!"
I of course was not even expecting it. To tell you the truth the thought of losing teeth at her age had completely not crossed my mind. I was so excited for her, I told Cow (Aunt Meredith) to hold on so that I could check it out for myself. Sure enough...they were loose. Once she saw that I was smiling and excited I think it helped with the concern on her part. She then started hopping up and down with excitement!
After I felt her bottom two teeth, I reached up to check the top two. Wouldn't you know it they were wiggling too! Emily wanted to feel and then asked me, "Mom, do I have any loose teeth?"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting!! When Hannah realized that she had her first wiggley tooth, she got so excited that she started to cry. It was such a sweet moment in her life.

Caci said...

Cole didn't lose his first tooth until he was at the end of his first grade year. He was so excited because everyone else had already lost a tooth and he FINALLY got his name on the "I've Lost A Tooth" chart at school. But, he was deathly afraid of pulling the tooth or letting me pull it. It fell out while he was sleeping and he woke up with it stuck to his lip! I was so glad he hadn't swallowed it! His second tooth fell out in Wal-Mart after he hit himself in the mouth to demonstrate to me how Jacob had just hit him in the mouth. When he hit himself, he knocked his tooth right out and it hit the floor. He just started cracking up laughing and saying, "That didn't even hurt!" I hope Peyton's come out just as easy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Peyton,
Remember the book we read about the little girl who loses her tooth in the sand, and then she goes to town with her father in the boat and gets a free ice cream cone at the store? Well ask your Mom if you can have an ice cream cone when it comes out. You know it has to fall out to make room for the big girl teeth trying to come in that place. I wish I could be there to see the wiggley teeth. I love you Peyton. Don't grow up too soon.