Update on Andy
After posting the first blog on Andy, he woke up from his afternoon nap still with a high fever. I gave him some motrin before he slept, but it didn't seem to help much. I've never know Motrin not to bring a fever down quickly. After just 4 hours, he still was running a 105 fever. I couldn't give him anymore Motrin because it is supposed to work for 6-8 hours. This is when I decided to call the on-call nurse. Why do our children all choose to get sick on weekends?
After talking to her she told me that he needed to be seen again, so we would have to go to the ER. Just my idea of fun! Our neighbors watched the girls for us and off we went to the hospital. It took a while for the doctor to make it to our room, but finally she came in and looked at Andy. Because of his history of kidney problems she definitely wanted to get a urine sample to rule out a urinary tract infection. This was my major concern. They also ran a strept test. Both the tests came back negative. So...basically he has some kind of virus that is causing him to run the high temperature. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. He has been a trooper through the whole thing. Thank you all for your prayers!



3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear he has a 105 temperature, that makes my heart hurt! I will definetily keep him in my prayers, just keep us posted. Also keep us posted on Jimmy's decision with the job!
I know what you mean about them getting sick on the weekends! Mine save it for Saturday or Sunday.....but they are hardly ever sick, also. My mom always reminds me that a child can get a really high fever, and although it is scary to us, it is not as dangerous as it would be for an adult to have that temp. Also, remember their temp always gets higher when they are sleeping...I know you probably know this, but sometimes it helps to be reminded! My mom helps me with those kinds of things because I freak out when their temp is 104 (which has happened a few times). I hope he is better soon! Love ya!
Is Andy starting to feel better now that it's been a few days? I sure hope that he is, I still can't believe that the poor little guy's fever was so high. Noah is feeling better and went to school and soccer today, he's definitely no worse for the wear!!
Post a Comment