Emily's Pony Party

Whew! I'm spent! The Pony Party was a great success and the girls had a blast! The weather was a little iffy at first, but by party time it was much better. We had a lot of rain yesterday and this morning. It was a lot cooler and a bit windy, but we made due. The planning of the party at 3pm turned out to be a good thing for sure. 
It has been a
little stressful, like always, but it is all worth it come party time. Jimmy thinks I need to just have an "easy" party and let the girls just play outside. He doesn't think it is worth all the work and stress. I have to say I'm getting a lot better with my stress levels over the past 5 years. I don't stress during the party just before the party. I just want everything perfect. Is that such a bad thing?
Ok, so about the party. I set up different "stations" in the front room that the girls would all move around to while "transforming" into a Pony.
Since I had the perfect amount of girls to make up the colors of the rainbow I went with the "rainbow" theme. The first station was the "Mane" Station. This is where they got to pick out their mane and get it fitted. Remarkably, there were no fights over colors. Everyone was happy with the color they got. Thank you Lord! The next station was the "Tail" Station.
Obviously this one is self-explanatory. They each got the tail that matched the mane and I tied them on. They looked so cute! After that they went to the "Grooming" station.
I had purposely made the manes and tails extra long so that we could trim the excess off. I set up a big bucket to catch the trimmings. The girls thought this was really fun and I managed to just cut the manes and not their real hair. The mom's were probably a little nervous while watching. Sorry, Moms. After "grooming" was the "Glittering" station. Basically they each sat in a chair while I threw a handful of glitter over the top of their head. This was a fun little touch. Again, sorry Moms! It will probably take a few days to get all that glitter out of their hair.
Last, but not least, the "Branding and Naming" station. Each girl got to name themselves and pick out what "Cutie Mark" they wanted me to paint on their face. All you My Little Pony fans know that no pony goes without a "cutie mark". The names the girls came up with were great! We had "Rainbow" pony, "Pinkie Pie, "Green Glitter", "Sparkle", "Purple Grape", "Sunset", and "Yellow Pie". I wrote down their names on their own pony color card and attached them to their favor bags. The favor bags I made out of some My Little Pony fabric I found on clearance.
I can sew a bag if need be. Don't expect me to sew anything else though. I tied them all up with a fancy "pony" tail holder. Cute!
After the pony "transformation" it was time for cake and goodies. I made a Rainbow fruit platter that was a big hit with the kiddos. The strawberries went fast. I also made some trail mix. Both things were so easy to do. I bought the cake this time. See I'm flexible! 
After the girls ate we played the "Pony eating apple" game. This was my favorite part of the day.
I had strung up some apples on the swingset so that the girls could try to eat apples like Pony's would eat an apple. No hands!
What a great picture taking opportunity! I had so much fun watching them chase those apples around and around trying to land one good chomp.
Present time was next. This was Emmy's favorite part. She got all kinds of good stuff from clothes, to My Little Pony stuff, to bug catchers and nets, and make-up. She had a great time, and so did I. lAndy woke up toward the end of the party and he got to play with his buddy Dylan. They are a few months apart, Andy being oldest.
You'd never think that by the size of ole' Dylan. He's a big boy! They had fun playing with some of Emily's new toys. I'm always
glad when it's over though. Enjoy the pics.



7 comments:
You know how to throw one good party!!! It looks like everyone had a blast, but I'm sure you are glad it's over. I know I always am. Tell Emily we said Happy Birthday!!!
Well, it looks like you outdid yourself! I can tell by the pics that the girls had a blast! I am just wondering if you got all of the glitter out of your carpet, or is your living room a bit sparkly? Tell Emmy happy birthday!
The glitter is still on the carpet. Can you believe I did that? I could barely believe it myself. When you're in party mode you just do things you normally wouldn't do. Andy did role around in that very spot after the party and he was all "sparkly". It was pretty funny.
Ashley, if you are looking for great sites these are some of my favorites:
www.orientaltrading.com (favors)
www.birthdaypartyideas.com
www.marthastewartkids.com
www.birthdayexpress.com
This looks like one cool party. If Leah sees this she'll be trying to get you to DFW to help with some of our stuff at the church. :)
Happy Birthday Emmy!! I wish I could have been at that party to see all those pretty ponies. Way to go Mel!!
you are indeed supermom. what a kickin' party!
have you tried a lint roller for the glitter? it works wonders on random hard-to-pick up stuff. hmmm...maybe I should try that on my own glitter problem! my birthday banner for Hunter still comes to mind every time I get down on the floor with her.
yeah, my mom would never have done the glitter part...it still hurts my brain to think about having to clean it all up! I am proud of you though for not worrying about those things so much!
Post a Comment