Back with a Bang!
Look who's feeling better! Yup, finally after almost a week of misery our little guy is back to normal. It is so good to see him smiling again! He kept the fever for 4 days and then on the fifth day he had the infamous rash that comes with the Roseola. He was still contagious with the rash so I had to miss my weekly bible study on tuesday morning. Wednesday he was still a little grouchy, and not very playful. But today is a whole new day! He is laughing and smiling and playing just like old times!
The weather has been so nice up here for the past few days. Today it is close to 80 degrees. I took him outside this afternoon to let him play. As you can see he has his appetite back too. I kept having to dig grass out of his mouth. He may have swallowed a couple blades. Oh, well!
As for me, I have been keeping myself busy with party planning. Emily's birthday is coming up in a few weeks, so I have been looking for ideas for that. She wants a "My Little Pony" party.
You know that I can't do anything half way or easy, I have to think of creative ways to do everything. From favors to games to decorations...I go all out! Anyway, I've finally come up with some ideas, so the planning has commenced! Normally, I would probably have it all ready to go by this time, but it has taken me a while to get motivated for this one. I basically got an idea to set up different stations that the girls would have to go to. One by one they would be "transformed" into a "My Little Pony" themselves. I think it will be cute. 
My neighbor, Julia has known me now for a year and has experienced first hand my party planning sickness. She was here for the "monkey" party and the "unicorn" party this past year. So...knowing all this and my obsession for parties she decides to leave me a message two days ago on my answering machine. Here's what it said, "Hey Melissa, I just had a great idea for this weekend and wanted to see if you wanted to help me out with the details. I was thinking we could put on our own Easter egg hunt right here on our street. We could do food, games, and stuff. I just thought it would be fun! Let me know what you think."
Ok, now. She's no dummy. She knows that I can't pass up an opportunity to put my obsessive party planning skills to work. She set the bait and I latched on! So now, I'm planning two parties. I immediately went down to my computer and started on a flyer to give out to the neighbors, inviting them to "come join us for lots of fun!" I had that thing finished and printed within 30 minutes of checking the message from Julia. I work fast! It really is so much fun! Julia's great too, she can put a great "shindig" together in record time. We make a great team! We're gonna have an egg hunt, of course, face painting, games galore, food, and individual pictures of the kids. I'm looking forward to it, and think it will be so much fun! The kids will probably like it too! Ha!



2 comments:
I am so glad that your little guy is feeling better. He looks so cute sitting in the grass. Our neighborhood just had our Easter party on Wednesday for all of our preschoolers, which is about 15 kids!! The kids had a great time, and found plenty of eggs!!
I wish I could come to the big Easter party--Bill and I could be the balloon artists!
Post a Comment