Mar 20, 2008

Fun pics

The girls are about to go off track for 3 weeks. A plus side of being on the year-round school schedule. Anyway, I picked Emily up from school and she informed me she wanted to get her ears pierced. We were going to Claires to pick up some earrings for Peyton to put in her Easter basket, so Emily wanted to get it done today. She also wanted it to be a surprise to Peyton when she got home later today. I was very shocked that she even brought it up. I pretty much thought Emily would go the rest of her life ok with the fact that she didn't want her ears pierced. Boy was I wrong. That girl was determined.

So determined in fact that she didn't even chicken out when the little girl ahead of her burst into tears, and decided not to go through with it. I thought for sure that scene would have changed her mind. But no, she looked at me and said, "I want to do it". She did have some requirements for me. She wanted to sit in my lap and hold the teddy bear during the process. The lady was great and did it really quick. There were a few tears, but hey, that is to be expected. I was so proud of her. She picked out the red ruby earrings and she smiled through the tears when she saw herself in the mirror.

I'm just sharing a pic of Andy that I love. I made him hold up his spider man web throwing hand like a rock star to take the pic. How cute is he? Jimmy asked him the other day what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said, "I want to be like you, Daddy." How precious. It made me tear up a little. He loves his daddy and likes to pretend to play the air guitar whenever he hears music.

I know I haven't posted any pics of Peyton lately. Sorry for that. I don't have any real recent ones. She is in school all day so I don't see her as much as the other two. I'll definitely have some for you this weekend.



2 comments:

Jim Hatcher said...

what a pretty girl!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful, Emily!!! I am so proud of you! I like your curly hair. You are surely growing up.

Andy--What a precious picture! I can see his google. (Ha) He is growing up so much. I think that is wonderful that he wants to be like Jimmy...he's a perfect hero for his little boy!

Love, Nannaw