Dec 20, 2006

Prayers needed!


Hello all! Well, as you can see we will definitely be having a White Christmas! Early this morning we started getting snow and it is supposed to continue through tomorrow. This would actually be a great, fun event if it my parents weren't trying to make the 19 hour trip up here for the holidays. They were not supposed to leave until this afternoon, but after watching the news yesterday Jimmy and I thought they would do better to leave early. Well, they did.....and now, after driving for the past 14 or more hours they have only made it as far as Raton, NM. My mother said that visibility is terrible, but that at this point it is safer to keep moving than to pull over and wait.

The whole state of Colorado is being pelted with snow. Denver is actually considered the bullseye of the storm with a blizzard warning in effect. Not good.

Anyway, I would like to ask for your prayers for my parents and sister during their travel. They are truly in some horrible conditions and I just pray for their saftey. Hopefully, by late tonight they will be here all snug and warm in our home.

I'll keep you posted with pics and an update.

UPDATE:

My parents have managed to make it to a small town just south of Pueblo, CO. They were not lucky enough to get a room from one of the two hotels there in town, but have found refuge at a small church. Looks like they will be spending the night on the pews.

It is still snowing heavy here where we live, and is not scheduled to give up at all until early afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully, by then there may be a possibililty of roads opening and they will be able to make the last 3 hour part of the drive here to our home.

The new pic I just took at our back window. If you look close you can see that the wind is causing snow drifts and the one against the back of our house is about 3 feet.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I will definitely be praying for them. It really does not look like weather that I would be wanting to drive in. I hope they make it there soon!!!

Michael said...

I hope that they get there safely today. Please update us and let us know when they arrive.

Caci said...

let us know of there progress. It looks like fun to have a white christmas, but not fun to be traveling in. I hope they make it there soon and safely!