Sep 30, 2006

Creation Station Grand Opening!



Ok, so for those of you that don't know about my little part-time job. I am the Nursery/Preschool Director at our church. I started on June 1st, the week before VBS and I've been working like a dog ever since. Well, maybe not a dog, but.......at least a very hard working animal of some sort.
I decided when I started that I wanted to create a new theme for my area of ministry. I didn't have to, I just decided. At first I guess I thought it wouldn't be too difficult, just lots of fun! Boy, was I wrong. It was fun, but turns out there was a lot involved too!
I chose to do a train theme based on the Proverbs 22:6 verse: Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not stray from it.
Well, I was off!!! First I came up with the name, Creation Station....then the logo....everything after that just flowed. I chose to name the Preschool room, Junior Junction and the nursery room would be Wee Town. It was lots of fun! Next was to tackle the rooms themselves. I did a lot of painting on the walls. The Junior Junction room was to look like the inside of a train station, complete with ticket booth, bench, and conductor, plus a view of the Creation Station train parked outside. It turned out really cute! The Wee Town room was basically just that.....a Wee Town. I drew out and painted a small town that the nursery age children could enjoy at their own scale.
After getting all the prep work done I wanted to have a Grand Opening to show off the new theme and have the whole congregation's participation. That is what these pics are of. The festivities took place on September 10th, the day our Pastor came back from his three month sabbatical (sp??). It was so much fun and the kids had a blast! Oh, and as you can see my children were dressed in theme appropriate attire. Peyton and Emily sat behind the ticket booths at the front doors passing out the tickets. I wanted to share it all with you!
Sunday, September 10, 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH!! Girl you are amazing!! What an incredible theme from that verse, and the decor, and the art, and the WORK. I'm blown away, can you tell? Way to go, Mrs. Party Planner!

Melissa said...

Thanks Heather! It was a lot of work, but seeing those kids faces was worth every minute. I love my job!